I am always really careful to not watch the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with any boy I am dating.
I'm just afraid that we will break up and then I will be driving around and I will hear the song "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and what would be more sad/ironic than that?
90's one-hit-wonders are always the most emotional/have the most terrible music videos.
Other life observations as of late:
1. There is a "preview" button on blogger so I can see what I have written looks like before I have to publish it. By the looks of my blog you can probably tell that I am not too tech-savvy.
2.You may also be able to make that observation by looking at my laptop which folds in half backwards if someone in the room even sneezes its direction. It's been busted that way for months and I always think it is really funny when that happens so I refrain from fixing it for the sake of a good laugh every once in a while. "Having no money makes everything funnier." Thats what my friend Tim said to me last night and I couldn't agree more.
3. Even if Smith's is having a reallllly good sale on Pasta, you should not spend your last $5.34 on ten packages of it. Eating pasta for a week makes everything less funny.
4. Hypothetically speaking, you should never buy tickets to an event more than a week in advance if you plan on going with a person you are interested in. Chances are, in the month between the ticket purchase and the actual show, they will start dating your friend, stop talking to you, and then you will still have to go to said event as a mandatory assignment for your class, and then you will spend all Saturday thinking how you don't care if Romeo kills himself, Juliet, or everyone in the audience, you do not want to go to the stupid play. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
5. It doesn't matter how many times I tell someone at work they are going to have to shave before I can let them play intramural football, they will respond with the phrase, "are you serious?"
What kind of joke would that be? Of course I'm serious.
6. "Icky Thump" by The White Stripes is my angry song this week. I haven't really been angry but sometimes when I listen to it, I think that I just might be. Which is ironically relaxing.
7. It bothers me that there is no good synonym for ironic. I feel it a lot so I use it a lot and, as an English major, I hate to be so redundant.
8. I'll say, what about Romeo and Juliet?
And he'll say, well, that's the one thing we've got.
That song gets me even when I didn't watch the stupid movie.