Friday, September 24, 2010

PHOENIX.


I saw the band Phoenix play last night in Salt Lake City with my friend Andrew.

Not only did we get a late start out of Provo (caused by him having an evening class, but mostly caused by me needed to finish the season premier of "Bones,") but there was also a HUGE crash on I-15 and then parking was rather difficult once we got to the venue, so we ended up missing the first 3 or 4 songs of Phoenix and the opening band (Neon Indian) entirely.


This really wasn't as terrible as we imagined because we still got to enjoy some fantastic tunes and didn't have to deal with the whole "I love this but I'm so sick of standing" dilemma. We were there the perfect amount of time to just get a good dose of an excellent band who played one of the most fantastic encore's.

And they are French. Hot.

We topped the night off at my favorite restaurant "Denny's."
You think I'm kidding but I'm not.
I love Denny's.
This might be based on nostalgia more than on the quality of the food but I did have some rather tasty Biscuits and Gravy and a Quesadilla that Andrew so kindly pointed out I could have made at home for a much cheaper price.

Jokes on you Andrew,
I ran out of Tortillas on Wednesday.

Katie

1 comment:

  1. sweet post! wish i could've gone!
    you're way good at having a million inside jokes with every person you've ever met.

    how do you do that?
    i'm never good at inside jokes.

    ReplyDelete