Saturday, September 18, 2010

Highlights from my 20 mile run this morning...

1. Waking up at 4:41 a.m. Getting a text at 5:03 a.m. from Jordan saying we should sleep another hour. Getting a text at 5:13 a.m. from Jordan saying we should not sleep another hour. Too bad I already ate a whole breakfast by that point.
2. Starting my run off at a whopping 43 degrees. Sweet.
3. Rachel screaming "MORNING!" at every person we pass because she doesn't realize her Ipod is on so loud.
4. Me screaming "RACHEL! STOP YELLING!" every time we pass someone and her not being able to hear me because her Ipod was on so blasted loud.
Those poor people on the trail with us.
5. Being so starving and only having enough change on me for a 35 cent Lindor Truffle at the gas station. (I went with milk chocolate)
6. Getting lost at mile 11 and having to call my roommate for directions because I ran an extra half mile in the wrong direction.
7. Finding out that the trail was closed from mile 16-19 and having to scout out an alternate route. I tried to take a picture of the detour sign for proof that my bad luck is really that far-reaching, but the camera on my phone is so low quality that I'm convinced they use it to take pictures for paranormal shows when they want photos of ghosts and strange indiscernible objects.
8. Hitting such a wall the last mile that I told myself I could run past 16 more telephone poles after which point I probably would have tried to strangle myself on one of the wires had I not been too exhausted to lift my arms high enough to reach my throat. Also Jordan showed up with the car and picked me up.
9. Finishing.
The good news here: the next time I have to run 20 miles, I get to run 6 more on top of it.
Death is inevitable.
Katie

2 comments: