Friday, February 25, 2011

Home comes to Provo.

It was the funniest night ever.
And by "it" I mean "last night."
I had a looong day yesterday, starting at 8 a.m. and ending when I got off work at 10 p.m.
I had plans to go to Harry Potter at the dollar theater with my friend Devin from home at 10:30 when I got a text from my friend Russ (also from home) who was creepily waiting at my apartment having just got in town for a wedding.
I swung by, picked him up, ran through the Del Taco drive-thru (spelling "through" like that is against everything in me that makes me an English major), threw all my food (including a full chocolate shake for Devin) into my purse and headed to the theater.
(***Disclaimer: I am always significantly more hyper/obnoxious around my friends from home. Growing up with people can easily create a loss of social awareness and last night I had a pretty bad case of that.)
List of events/Observations from the night:
1. Devin high-fiving the ticket lady in celebration of her telling us to go to theater "five." Then, us walking off chuckling until she yelled at us from down the hall that theater five is towards "our other left."
2. Me trying to eat a full Del Taco meal quietly during the movie while everyone around me kept commenting that they could smell food.
3. Using 76 ketchup packets to eat one serving of fries. It never makes sense to me why they make those packets so small. Nobody ever needs only that one small amount.
4. Noticing that one of the main themes in Harry Potter is making things look smaller than they are. The majority of the movie is Harry living in a huge tent that looks small on the outside and fits into a tiny bag that is actually large on the inside. I spent a good chunk of the movie thinking that if I was a wizard, the first thing I would do would be to figure out how to put a large amount of ketchup into those small packets. Talk about magic.
5. The man at the back of the theater who wouldn't stop laughing this insane, loud, cackling laugh at almost every part of the movie. It got to the point where the whole theater was laughing at him instead of the movie. At one point I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop crying and had to cover my head with my jacket and just focus on breathing.
6. Driving home from the movie at 1 a.m. in the snow and watching Devin stop at a red light, get out, run around both of our cars, get in on his passenger side, and take off before me all because Russ threw my car into neutral when I wasn't looking.
7. Our friend Ryan coming over at 2 a.m. Quote of the night:
Russ: "Hey Katie, have you ever seen Ryan when he gets super tired and crazy? Its hilarious. He lays on the floor and just talks to the ceiling fans."
Ryan: "Dude that was ONE time!"
Ah man. I haven't enjoyed myself so much since I was at home for the break.
They say that when you move away to college you make your real friends and you kind of forget about your high school friends.
I just don't think that is true in my case.
Because honestly, how could I ever forget about faces like this?

Final Word: This really has nothing to do with anything else, I just wanted to say that I made crepes with nutella this morning. And they were delicious.

R.I.P. Friedrichstrasse.

My sister and her freshman roommates took my car to St. George/Vegas for the weekend.
I am currently taking bets on whether or not it will come back in one piece.
I'll be praying all weekend.
Love,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. remember how every time we passed that crepe stand at alexanderstrasse we'd we tried to convince ourselves we didn't need one of those crepes...but then remembered they were only 1.30. so what the heck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah man katie, you got my double chin in there. well enjoy it while you have it. you're not getting another one of those

    ReplyDelete