Sunday, August 15, 2010

"If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon."

Going back to school this fall for what could be the last time is...daunting? Surreal? Exciting?
I don't think I really meant the last one. As it turns out, I actually really like school so the thought of NOT going back ever again is...daunting?Surreal? Exciting? I don't think I really meant....(haha did I trick you there?)

Anyways, grad school is most definitely in the plans, so it is very possible that I could have PLENTY more school ahead of me, but who knows right? Nobody. That's who. I hate that.


So in honor of reaching the life-long goal of becoming a college graduate, I have decided to work towards simultaneously completing another life-long goal that is much less sensible and much more...dumb.
This goal is titled: I'm Going to Run a Marathon with Less Than Two Months of Training After I Ate Nothing but Pastries and Cheese for Three Months in Europe.
I'm still working out the details of the title, but I'm thinking of changing it to:
Katie is Really Stupid.
Let me know what your vote is.

There are three major things wrong with this goal:
1. As previously stated, the cheese/pastries/Europe/blah blah blah
2. I am infamously known for my incredible inability to wake up in the morning. This wouldn't really be a problem except for...a) I work at 7:30 every morning, and b) from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. every summer day in St. George it is hot enough outside to give yourself laser hair removal just by laying on the sidewalk. Meaning I either have to go running at...(I almost wrote 5 a.m. here. hahaha, that would have been a good joke since it is my personal belief that mankind has never seen any hour before 7:15 a.m.), or I have to run at 11:00 at night which, according to my mother is "not safe."
3. A marathon is 26.2 miles. Did anybody else know this? This is a problem.


Slowly but surely the training has been coming along, but I would love any tips/good reasons to back out if anyone has anything to offer.

More marathon updates to come?
Hopefully.
But then again, hopefully not.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment