Monday, April 11, 2011

When I met you I said my name was Rich.

I fell asleep last night at 7:00, woke up around 11 and read for an hour, then fell back asleep until 10:30 this morning.

Erin sometimes tells me she thinks I have a disorder because I sleep so much.

I would worry about that more if I wasn't sleeping all the time.

So I cut my hair last week.

The general comments I keep getting are things like:

"You did?"

and...

"It looks exactly the same."


Wrong. I took off a good amount of inches. (Actually Erin did. I had her cut it because I am cheap and because she is good at it.)

Apparently there just isn't much of a difference between ultra-super-long and pretty-long,

which are the only two hairstyles I've had in the past ten years.

I hate change. So sue me.


The best part of my weekend was the 2nd annual 90's party.

I went home after work to get ready for it, and after trying on 3 different outfits I realized all I was doing was putting on the same clothes I wear every day.

I love the 90's. So sue me.


In the end I went with a denim ruffled skirt and a lace cutoff top.


Laura rocked the floral shorts.


One of the great parts of the 90's is how sassy it was.


"Take a picture. It will last longer."


L's on the forehead.


Bleached tips.


The explosion of the word "like."


And lets not forget the phrase that can stick it to anyone, when combined with a few thumbs and forefingers, "whatever."




There is some debate about whether or not these things were actually "90's" or if I just think they are because I spent 4th grade in the 90's, but I think its probably both.


The best part of this party (besides everything about it) was the special guest appearance by TLC.

*RIP Left Eye. Her anti-scrubs movement really spoke to my 11 year old soul.


(*I wrote that statement alluding to the fact that I haven't heard much about her in a long time. Upon further wiki-gation I discovered that she actually DID die in 2002 in a car wreck. RIP Left Eye. This time I mean it about you actually being dead, and not just not hearing your music anymore on my clock radio.)

Al Borland was also there. I spent an unnecessary amount of time on this post reading about fake television characters and deceased female rappers on Wikipedia.

More fun facts for you: Al was left handed and was originally supposed to be named Glenn.

With two N's.

Later in the evening we took the 90's to In N' Out where we bought it shakes and talked about white cargo pants. Other highlight of the week: I won some English contests and got free food for it. I also got free food for my sister who was nice enough to sit with me through a two hour banquet. I like poetry. So sue me.


Oh yes son, I'm talkin' to you.

Love,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment