Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Katie Tries Sleeping

I have not been sleeping well lately (for years).

The other night I finally fell asleep and I woke up what seemed like minutes later to a bright light shining in through the slats  in our blinds. Seeing as how it was the middle of the night and we live in a poorly-lit corner of our complex this was unusual.


So, naturally, I freaked.


I started screaming "CJ! Someone is outside of our house! THEY ARE SHINING A SPOTLIGHT ON OUR HOUSE!!!"

I knew there was a murderer on our patio and he (or she, I'm not murderer-sexist) was about to come in and murder us good and dead. I knew that the policemen searching for him/her/aren't more men serial killers than women? were shining a giant searchlight on our door which WAS OPEN TO LET THE BREEZE IN and I was panicking.

I continued to yell for a minute before Cj woke up enough to realize what was going on.

"KATIE, " he yelled, "CALM DOWN. THAT IS NOT A SPOTLIGHT THAT IS THE SUN."

Turns out it was just daytime and I had slept through the whole night. Whoops.

Who needs an alarm clock when they have my overactive imagination?

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment