Tuesday, March 8, 2016

#shouldvebeengrading

A friend of mine from grad school posted tonight about how there should be an English teacher hashtag for all the things we do when we are trying to avoid grading.

#shouldvebeengrading

And I realized that one of the only times I blog is when it is really late at night and I have so many papers to grade I will literally (not figuratively) do anything to avoid reading another paper.

So, here I am, with fifty papers between me and sleep, and I've decided to blog again.

Now, two things before I begin:

1. I appreciate all the love and support shown to me in relation to my last post. I had a lot of nerves and reservations about posting but I felt like it was the right time/it felt right in general. I connected with a lot of amazing people with similar experiences and stories over that post and connection is always good and beautiful and stuff.

2. I have big plans to write up June's birth story for the blog. I wrote a version for my journal with lots of details that should stay in my journal. Blog version pending.

For now, I just want to write a follow-up to a different story in my life. Does anyone remember this post from years ago? It was like the blog version of subtweeting. I never told anyone the story behind it, and I will take it to my grave.

But, you should all know that two months ago my mom got a check in the mail with my name on it. It turns out that he-who-must-not-be-named got sued by other people who were also scammed and then code-name-Voldemort had to cough up $53 for every person HE scammed.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE.

You'll notice in my last post that I was scammed out of $90! I feel like someone in the legal system is bad at maths.

 $90
-$53
______

$37

And then the real problem is that I got scammed out of $25 on Saturday by a lady in the Costco Parking lot who kissed my cheek with red lipstick and explained the cloud patterns of Southern Nevada to me. This is another story I will take to my grave.

   $37
+ $25
______

$62

All I'm sayin is, Karma owes me $62 so I can pay the Universe my bill for being naive.

Which is probably a billion dollar bill.

Good thing a Nigerian Prince just e-mailed me today with some good news...

No comments:

Post a Comment