Friday, June 1, 2012

Life Changes




It's blurry but its real. After 23 years of virgin hair I finally took the plunge and dyed it. 
And by plunge I mean I did that thing where you walk into the water with your arms up, standing on your tip-toes because it's cold and you are a big wuss. 
And by all that I mean I only dyed the bottom of my hair. 
But still, if you know me at all you know this is big. 
I don't really do "change." 



It's called a melt, and I love how it turned out! 

I texted this picture to my mother this morning and the conversation went like this: 

Katie: "Check out my new hair!" 

Mom: "I don't get it. What is different?" 

Katie: "Mom. It's completely blonde on the bottom now."

Mom: "...on purpose?" 

As if half my hair accidentally marinated in peroxide for 15-20 minutes with a thorough rinse and condition afterward. 

Oh Mom.

News #2: I was brushing my teeth this morning and part of my tooth fell out. 

Really. That's the whole story. 

There I was, doing my up-and-downs, right before my back-and-forths, when a big chunk of my left molar just popped off. 

Is this normal? 
Do teeth do this? 
Don't I already know the answer to these questions? 

All I do know is I have spent the evening testing various tooth-hole fillers. 

Things to NOT replace a molar with: 

peppermint gum 
tinfoil (ouch)
my winter semester term paper 
a tic-tac (pre-sucked) 
the love of the childhood pet I never had 


I figure if I don't find something soon I'll have to do something drastic, like go to the dentist. 
And pay someone money. 

Heaven forbid I finally have an injury that can't be fixed by superglue. 

I'll keep you posted. 

Katie 

3 comments:

  1. that is exciting! love it.
    sorry about your tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot the part about where I say that I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try wood for the tooth. Seemed to work for George Washington.

    ReplyDelete