Friday, December 24, 2010

Exposed

Frosty the Snowman is the creepiest children's song ever.
Imagine if there really was a giant man made out of snow with coal eyes running around your neighborhood screaming "catch me if you can!" at all the little children and threatening to return with his beady little eyes every year for the rest of your life.
Hide yo kidz. That all sounds really sketchy to me.
The good news is, I wouldn't really know about any of that snow business. I woke up this morning to a beautiful 57 degrees and sunny.
Sure I woke up around noon so things had already warmed up a bit, but in my defense I was up until 4 a.m. working on Christmas presents.
I just hope my brother reacts to the present I made him better than this kid does...

This poor kid. As an English major I love getting books for Christmas. (I also loved getting books for Christmas when I wasn't an English major.)

This year I requested Tim O'Brien's "The Things They Carried."

I really hope Santa delivers.

One final thing I have to say before the Christmas festivities begin (we have the MOST fantastic Christmas Eve's at my aunt Diane's house, Pinata and my mother's 12 layer jello included):

Thank you to those who read my blog. I feel silly saying this because I know the list is short and close to home, but I mean it. I think I like the blogging world so much because it allows us to share our life stories. I like that I can sit on my bed at night and pick and choose what information I want to give to the world, and the world can read and then give their stories back to me.

A favorite writer of mine, Ann Beattie explains so well how I feel about blogging:

"Any life will seem interesting if you omit mention of most of it."

And thats exactly what this blog has allowed me to do. I can cut all the boring parts and tell things the way I want. So, thank you for reading it. Especially you mom. (Also, hows that jello coming?)

Alright, I'm done with that boring spiel.

Frohe Weihnachten.

Merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays.

Festivus for the rest of us.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment